Find Me

Head over to The Unsewn, it's live!

16 August 2009

Charles Guislain

Warning, it is nearly criminal to indulge in the following..




I waited on posting this so I could write a proper write up. Charles Guislain is without a doubt on many important people's radar and he is still a minor. I mean I was directing plays as a minor but that pails in comparison to getting into exclusive shows at Paris Fashion Week and hob nobing with the likes of Brian Boy and the Mykromag peeps. It is also impressive that I google searched him and there were quite a few hits. Although I trust the fashion elite to sway me in some kind of direction I have no clue, first hand, how talented this guy really is. I hope to see his work in the future as I am sure it is something spectacular.

Is it wrong to want aspire to be a sixteen year old again, hell yes. Is it wrong to admire a person who has grand ambitions at a young age and is well on his way to accomplishing them, no. And I am the latter. As I often analyze everything I am thinking there will be some people much older than Guislain who will try and emmulate them. And that is an honest scary thought. Let's all hold our breaths and hope that does not happen.

JOY D.

3 comment(s):

Nubia Mejia said...

Charles Guislain is without a doubt amazing! These youngsters are killing it.

http://www.Nubiasnonsense.com

Obscura said...

all those paris boys are great. He's got real style. I think fashion doesn't care how old you are.And neither does metal.

I was playing shows in bars i would not otherwise be allowed in when I was 15.This reminds me of sort of the same thing...being awesome is your ticket in.

-A-

Heavy Metal Fashion said...

all those paris boys are great. He's got real style. I think fashion doesn't care how old you are.And neither does metal.

I was playing shows in bars i would not otherwise be allowed in when I was 15.This reminds me of sort of the same thing...being awesome is your ticket in.

-A-

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to read what you think. I love responding to your questions. Ask away!