Find Me

Head over to The Unsewn, it's live!

11 February 2011

Friends Friday: Where is the color?

For this edition of Friends Friday there was a lighter approach to what we all love: clothing! I like to imbue my closet with color. For some reason I only wear color when I go out at night. Maybe this week I will finally figure it out with this week's questions. Be sure to see what Katy Rose, the founder of Friends Friday, thinks about use of color.


1. What color dominates your closet? Blue and black. I am not sure how that happened but I usually add some color with a scarf. I rarely wear all blue or all black though.
2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet? I would try and wear more color on the bottom. Like pastel slacks would be awesome in my closet a la Dries Van Noten's and Jil Sander's spring collections.
3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? I think it has more to do with body shape and how the colors will make your body look. Sometimes I ignore that idea but I mostly keep to contrasting colors that have a warm feeling. I really like mixing browns, greys, blues, and deep reds together. (See the top photo.)
4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits? It is quite simple, if I do not have much color in my wardrobe I add color tights, a scarf, or jewelry. (Pictured above) I have added a colorful necklace which you can see in more detail here.
5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe? I probably mention her once a week on this blog but Susie Bubble never shys away from color or texture. I also like Vahni of Grit and Glamour. She does an exceptional job of letting color work for her on different levels.


Do you use color in your wardrobe? How so?
Life is beautiful, let's share a little. 
Joy D.

2 comment(s):

Arash Mazinani said...

Nice post, I think it's a nice starting point to add colour using accessories like scarfs or using tights. Rather than going all out, sometimes a splash of colour is much more effective.

Claire said...

Is that.. a necklace of gummi bears??

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to read what you think. I love responding to your questions. Ask away!