Find Me

Head over to The Unsewn, it's live!

14 January 2011

Art gallery opening: an outfit post

It has been a long time since I have been to a gallery opening. Luckily for me a good one came along at the start of the year to get me excited about local artists. It was held at the John Fonda Gallery in Mt. Vernon. Although I lived in the area for two years I had no clue this space existed. So what to wear? I decided to go with lumberjack on stilts. What do you wear to gallery openings? As you will see in the post about the show itself, everyone was pretty dressed up.




Hat: gift from Dad/ Top scarf: vintage/ Shirt: Gant/ Undercoat: found/ Jean jacket: Levi's
Jeans: Levi's/ Socks: thrifted/ Shoes: Aldo



Life is beautiful, let's share a little. 

Joy D.

3 comment(s):

Liz said...

love the scarf, cute outfit. how was the opening?

rushel said...

I'm loving your layers!

Usually when I go to a gallery opening I opt for jeans and a really classy, droopy, oversized top--so the element of a layered look (which I love) is still there, but I'm still appropriate for Jamaica's (very hot) temperatures.

First of August said...

I like your denim outfit..The laidback artist look :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to read what you think. I love responding to your questions. Ask away!