Find Me

Head over to The Unsewn, it's live!

22 March 2011

The long skirt: Here to Stay!

Two trends I am glad to see again this fashion week: cropped sweaters and long skirts. It has already decided that I need a few in various colors and textures. I might have to chop some sweaters that have been neglected since the suddenly warm weather. Baltimore springs fluctuate between 50-70 degrees until about May. In other words, sweaters I still necessary. Sad but true! Also on my wishlist is some platform shoes. No, Litas will not be sitting in my wardrobe but maybe some a little more...subtle? I am a top notch commuter on foot so super high platforms are not a factor. Would platforms finish off the long shape of the skirt perfectly? Here are a few photos from around the internet that really inspired me.





Life is beautiful, let's share a little. 
Joy D.

2 comment(s):

Liz said...

i'm digging long skirts and platforms, but long skirts look yucky on me. Platforms on the other hand..I've already started stocking up for spring but i'm with on the "subtle" Anything over 3.5 inches is a no go for me, gotta be able to navigate nyc subways and whatnot ; )

thesixsixsickgirls said...

I'm definitely still feeling the long skirt thing. Unfortunately, I'm so short that all maxi skirts suddenly turn into maxi-dresses on me! Also need to get some more platforms!
xx
Tiffany

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to read what you think. I love responding to your questions. Ask away!