Find Me

Head over to The Unsewn, it's live!

28 February 2011

Fashion Film Monday!/ Paying the bills #1: Chris Cunningham's ad for Gucci's Flora parfum

I am in love with series aren't I, or maybe it is just my love of counting from 1 to 10. Paying the bills is what radio djs refer to when they cut to the commercial break. I think that the fashion films that will be featured in the next few months really work hard for the money, sort of speak. They go beyond the pretty and shoot for awe-inspiring. In a commercial? Yes, just a simple reminder that social media has a bigger and bigger stake in fashion.(Have you also noticed that the words on my blog now are permanently adjusted to center? Oh you use Bloglovin? Well then forget I said anything at all....)
Chris Cunningham is best know for his epic music video works with such artists as Nine Inch Nails, Bjork, and Aphex Twins. He also worked on special effects in Alien 3 and Resurrection as well as AI. He has chops: he worked on Alien 3 when we was 22 years old! If his gusto and exemplary resume doesn't turn you on then you should look to his advertisement for Gucci's ad department. It is enigmatic and arresting which, if you haven't noticed lately, even the highest budget blockbuster hasn't conveyed to me in the last decade (there are exceptions). This has to be entered into the fashion film vault, it is top notch quality! Most importantly it shows you the "power" of the clothes. This is something that has to happen with fashion film or it just...isn't.

Life is beautiful, let's share a little. 

Joy D.

1 comment(s):

FVNCY said...

I love pogo! I listen to his mixes regularly :)

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to read what you think. I love responding to your questions. Ask away!