Find Me

Head over to The Unsewn, it's live!

29 January 2010

Dada, Dada, Dada. Aha!

Erwin Blumenfeld: I Was Nothing But a Berliner: Dada Montages 1916-1933


I loved Dada as a child! I mean, it is obvious why. Each character of he Dada movement was cooky and had "kooky" things to say. At the time I didn't get that part, I saw the theatrics and intense working with hands to produce a message. As for me, I still don't understand their whole message. Out of Dada I see working organisms creating other organic images, words, pieces. As I entered college and took a course on Art from the 1860s til 1970 it was shocking to see how my opinion changed. Even still, I am inspired by Dada and fascinated by how much it has influenced modern cultures and ways of thinking. In close readers, if Dada has taught us anything....I am not really sure what it is.

Life is beautiful, let's share a little.
Joy D.

2 comment(s):

SabinePsynopsis said...

I love Erwin Blumenfelds's photography (and just said on another blog that he already mastered all kind of techniques that photoshop now offers). Plus I can honestly say 'I'm nothing but a Berliner' (since every other place in Germany seemed absolutely inhabitable).

bryna said...

interesting. i totally agree with your last sentence!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to read what you think. I love responding to your questions. Ask away!